|About the .eu Domain Name and it's registration procedure
At the launch of the .eu Domain Name, there will be a sunrise period of 4 months during which only public bodies and those with recognised rights to a name (such as trademark holders) may register.
.eu Domain Names will be registrated on a first-come-first-served basis.
In Addition to the usual information required to register an .eu domain name, sunrise applications will be required to state the right they are claiming to the domain name (for example: company name or trademark) and under which law that right is granted.
In some cases, a company might have a right to a name from a number of sources (for example, a company may be registered by that name in the national register and it may also have a registered trademark of the same name). When applying for an .eu domain name, only one right can be claimed in each application.
The registration fee has to be payed within 14 days after applying a Domain Name with viennatec. In case a application is not successful, part of the Sunrise-Fee will be refunded. Prices
The sunrise period consists of two phases each lasting two months. Immediately after the 4-month sunrise period is over, registrations will be taken on a first-come-first-served basis.
Sunrise Phase 1
During phase 1 only domain names that correspond with:
- The full name of a public body
- The acronym by which a public body is commonly know
- If applicable, the territory which is governed by a public body
- Registered national trademarks and registered community (EU) trademarks
- Geographical indications.
Sunrise Phase 2
During phase 2 domain names that correspond with:
- the names listed in phase 1
- other rights that are protected under the national law of the member state where they are held such as:
- company names
- business identifiers
- distinctive titles of protected literary and artistic work
- unregistered trademarks
- trade names
Immediately after the sunrise period registration will open on a first come first served basis. Anyone who satisfies the geographical criteria set out above and is in compliance with the terms and conditions of registration may register an .eu name that is still available.